Support Group Information
Sometimes, it's nice to know you're not alone when dealing with
a health problem. Saint Clare's offers a variety of support groups
where you can share your experiences with others. Below is a sampling
of these groups.
For more information, email us at
- Intensive Family Support Services (IFSS) support groups for families with
a member who has a serious mental illness.
- IFSS parent support group for parents of an adult child with depression
or bipolar illness.
- Post-partum depression support group for mothers suffering from depression
after childbirth. For more information, click here.
- Psychiatric recovery group for those on medication therapy to recover from
alcohol or drug abuse.
- Saint Clare's hosts a series of support groups for those with cancer
and their families. For more information, click here.
New Jersey Self-Help Group Clearinghouse
- The NJ Self-Help Group Clearinghouse provides contacts for over 8,200 NJ
support groups and over 1,100 national support networks for most illnesses,
addictions, disabilities, bereavement, parenting and other stressful life
solutions. The organization also helps individuals wanting to start a
group. For more information, click here.
For adults with sleep apnea and their families
For stroke patients, caregivers and families.
Visiting Nurse Association's Alzheimer’s Support Group
The Visiting Nurse Association of Saint Clare’s hosts a monthly support
group for caregivers and their families to discuss the challenges of caring
for someone with Alzheimer’s disease. Meetings are held from 7 p.m.
to 9 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month. Call 973-729-7078 for