Back, Neck, Limb & Hand Rehabilitation
The aim of Saint Clare’s back, neck, extremity, and hand rehabilitation
programs is to help each patient reduce their pain and dependence on medication
as well as help them increase mobility and improve their overall quality of life.
Back, Neck & Extremity Rehabilitation: Back pain is one of the most common complaints treated by physicians and,
according to the American Physical Therapy Association, up to 85 percent
of adults will be affected by it at some point in their lives. Saint Clare’s
provides specific services to address the needs of patients with neck,
back, and extremity pain. Our McKenzie Method-certified physical therapists
use the latest therapeutic techniques to formulate a personalized treatment
program designed for each patient’s needs. The goals of our program include:
- Centralizing and reducing pain
- Restoring tolerance for normal functional activities of daily living
- Minimizing the risk of recurring pain from abnormal posture and movements
- Teaching strategies and exercise for self-pain relief
- Decreasing the need for pain medication
- Reducing the number of return visits to your physician for complaints of pain
Prospective patients and physicians who would like to learn more about
the McKenzie Method for treatment of neck, back, or extremity pain, may
call us directly at 973-625-6558. For additional information, visit:
Hand Rehabilitation: Saint Clare’s certified hand therapists provide rehabilitation of
the upper limb, including the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder girdle.
Our therapists combine occupational and physical therapy theory with best
practices to assess, plan, and treat the upper limb to restore function
and reverse damage.
Our certified hand therapists (CHT) have a minimum of five years of clinical
experience. They have successfully passed an examination of advanced clinical
skills and theory, and meet mandated criteria to maintain this specialized
Our therapists provide treatment for:
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Tendon and nerve disorders
- Fractures and dislocations
- Non-operative or conservative intervention
- Preventive care and ergonomic evaluation
- Static and dynamic splinting
- Post-stroke and neurological rehabilitation
Whether they say our CHTs are the best “hands down,” or they
simply give us the “thumbs up,” satisfied patients and referring
surgeons continue to trust us as patients regain function and return to
work and to their favorite activities.
Center for Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine at Saint Clare’s Health
Select services are available at our Denville and Dover Hospitals.
Call 1-888-808-1234 for an appointment at any of our facilities.