HealthStart Prenatal Clinic
Saint Clare’s offers prenatal care through HealthStart Prenatal Clinic,
located at the Sister Catherine Health Center at Saint Clare’s Hospital/Dover.
Prenatal care is the key to a healthier pregnancy and newborn. Studies
have shown that women who receive regular prenatal care are more likely
to have healthy babies, and to be healthy themselves. Staffed by physicians
specialized in Obstetrics, certified nurse midwives, registered nurses,
case workers, registered dietitians and outreach workers, HealthStart offers:
- Regularly scheduled prenatal exams for pregnancies
- Genetic counseling services
- Nutritional counseling and W.I.C. (Women, Infants and Children) referrals
- Social Services including counseling and community resource information
regarding issues such as housing, financial assistance, parenting, child
care and rehabilitation
- Medicaid and charity care applications
- A variety of classes including prepared childbirth and breastfeeding
- Referrals for home visits
- Referrals to Maternal-Fetal Medicine for ultrasounds and other testing as needed
- Delivery in comfortable home-like maternity suites, and an intensive care
nursery for babies with special medical needs
- Bilingual services
There is no fee for services when screened by social workers and Medicaid eligible.
Hours of Operation: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.