Guidelines for Visiting Saint Clare’s Patients
We encourage loved ones to visit patients and we make every effort to provide
a safe and comfortable environment for our patients and visitors. While
receiving care, patients have the right to decide who may or may not visit,
and those visitors are allowed without regard to race, color, national
origin, language, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical
or mental disability, or socioeconomic status.
Our staff and caregivers understand the important role that visitors and
support persons play and every effort is made to ensure that our patients’
support person is embraced as a valued member of the care team.
- To safeguard the comfort of all our patients, visitors are asked to talk
quietly and leave promptly when visiting hours have ended.
- The visiting times and/or the number of visitors may be limited in certain
circumstances – and vary unit by unit - to protect the health, safety,
and privacy of our patients.
- If visitors are not feeling well or have an illness that can be transferred
to our patients, please refrain from visiting.
- Visitors must follow infection control precautions, keep noise to a minimum,
refrain from taking photographs or videos, and comply with restrictions
on smoking, alcohol and illegal substances.
- Before entering and after leaving your loved one's room, make sure
to wash your hands.
- All children must be in the company of a responsible adult and may not
be left unattended.
Visitation of Family and Friends
We believe that interaction with family and friends during your recovery
is a very important part of the healing process, but so is ensuring a
patient gets ample rest. To accommodate both of these needs, Saint Clare’s
Health System has adopted the following policies and guidelines:
- Limit of two visitors per patient at any given time. Staff may be required
to limit visitors at certain times for a variety of reasons, including
the delivery of care or special circumstances within the department.
- Visitors under 12 years of age are welcome, but may be evaluated on an
individual basis by the unit supervisor to determine whether the visitation
- For your child’s safety, please do not leave children unattended
in the lobby or in any area of the medical center. A responsible adult
should accompany children at all times.
- Children are not permitted in isolation rooms.
- People with any contagious diseases such as colds or viruses should not
visit. Instead, please opt to keep in touch with a phone call.
Please check with your caregiver or call our
Guest Services office at 973-989-3189 if you have any questions.
Family Initiated Rapid Response Team
Family members are an important component of a patient’s healthcare
team. As such, family members are urged to immediately notify a caregiver
should they notice any decline in their loved one’s condition.
You should call if you see the following changes:
- Change in heart beat
- Problems with breathing
- Sudden change in mental status (confusion or agitation)
- Something is “just not right”
If you notice a change in your family member’s condition, please
notify a nurse immediately or call the Rapid Response Team.
Denville or Dover………….Call 444
When you call, please provide the patient’s name, room number, and
a brief description of the emergency. A member of the Rapid Response Team
will arrive promptly to assist the patient.
Meals and Snacks for Visitors
Saint Clare’s Health System offers a variety of meal options for
patients and their visitors.
Denville: The cafeteria, located on the first floor, is open Monday through Friday
from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. There is also
a bistro style café, located in the lobby, which is open weekdays
from 6:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. and weekends from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Dover: The cafeteria, located on the first floor, is open Monday through Friday
from 7:00 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. and 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. on weekends.
We also offer guest trays to our patients’ friends and family. Your
guest may choose any item on the day’s menu, and pay by a guest
tray voucher purchased in advance at our cafeterias.