Children’s Crisis Intervention Services (CCIS)
Children’s’ Crisis Intervention Services (CCIS) is an inpatient
psychiatric unit for children and adolescents who are experiencing acute
crisis and require 24-hour care and attention. The services are available
to children between the ages of five and 17 years old.
Our team is comprised of:
- Two board certified child & adolescent psychiatrists
- Nurse manager
- Nurse clinical coordinators
- Behavioral health nurses
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSW)
- Licensed social workers (LSW)
- Licensed professional counselor
- Behavioral health care managers
- Education coordinator
- Teachers (local educational standards/ requirements are met)
- Unit secretaries.
What to Expect
During the admission, the patient and family members will experience the
- Individual and group counseling
- Medication monitoring
- Discharge planning
- Linking the patient and their family to appropriate services.
- Youth are assigned individual tutoring sessions with New Jersey certified teachers
- The length of stay is typically five to seven days
- Transportation is not provided by CAPHP.
The goal of the program is to stabilize the youth during their acute crisis
in a safe and therapeutic environment and provide them with the necessary
tools to remain safe at home and in the community.
Psychiatric consultation includes:
- Comprehensive psychiatric evaluation
- Medication consultation and recommendations
- Diagnosis and treatment planning
- Your meet with their psychiatrist daily.
Aspects of the program include:
- Individual care is tailored to meet the needs of the youth
- Family psychoeducation is provided throughout the admission
Treatment team meets on a daily base to discuss patients progress
- Families are informed of outcome and in contact with the clinicians on
a daily basis
- Central and Referral Evaluation (CER) provides an array of services including,
school referred risk assessments with referrals and return to school clearance,
level of care evaluations available for all ages, and admissions and crisis
Level of care referrals:
- Partial Hospital Program (PHP)
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- Weekly outpatient therapy and psychiatry
- Perform Care referrals
- Specialized therapy programs
- Recommendations for therapeutic schools.
Support for Families
Family support services include:
- CCIS parent support group that meets on Thursdays with a licensed clinician
from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. All parents and guardians are welcome
- The meeting takes place in the Family Waiting Lounge
- Hours of operation are 8:00am-3:30pm, Monday through Friday
- Clients may be dropped off by parents between 7:45am-8:00am
- Parents and guardians can visit with their child from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m
- Parents and guardians will be linked to resources in the community to assist
them through the treatment and after.
- Referrals may come from inpatient psychiatric units, CMOs, private mental
health or medical practitioners, school professionals, insurance carriers
or concerned families
- CAPHP is covered by NJ Medicaid and most private health insurance plans
- CAPHP is generally a short-term program designed to assist youth and their
families in coping with crisis situations in order to be transitioned
to an outpatient level of care.
Central Evaluation and Referral: 1-888-626-2111
Saint Clare’s Behavioral Health Hospital
130 Powersville Road
Boonton Township, NJ 07005