The National Institutes of Health (NIH), the American College of Surgeons
(ACS) and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
sets minimum requirements for recommending bariatric surgery as a treatment option.
You may be a candidate for weight loss surgery:
- if you are 100 pounds or more above ideal body weight or have a body mass
index (BMI) of 40 or greater.
- if you have a BMI of 35 or greater with at least two obesity-related health
- if you have a documented history of failed weight loss attempts.
Calculate your BMI.
Our multidisciplinary experts will guide you through the process every
step of the way to ensure you reach your weight loss goals.
bariatric information seminar
- Consultation at surgeon’s office
- Pre-op testing and evaluation
- Nutritional evaluation with registered dietitian (including pre- and post-op
education and support)
- Pre-op psychological evaluation
- Medical clearance
- Precertification through insurance
- Meeting any pre-surgical requirements by insurer
- Post-op consultation with surgeon, nutrition counseling & exercise
medicine, support groups, etc.
Saint Clare's Dover Hospital
400 West Blackwell Street, Dover, NJ 07801
For appointments, call